Sunday, October 12, 2008

John Denver



Ten years ago today on October 12, 1998, John Denver was killed in a plane crash. I remember how my Aunt Marie called to tell me, because she knew how much I loved him.I had loved him since I was 10 years old. I cried for three days. Brooke was about 2 and 1/2 and she would say, "Mommy sad? Denver die?"

I still feel sad when I listen to his music. I truly feel like the world lost something exquisite and beautiful when he died. There isn't another songwriter that was quite like him. His love of nature is something I feel too. The one thing that makes me feel better though, is that I know he is at peace from his sadness. I am excited to get to meet him someday! And I know he accepted the gospel, because it would have made sense to him; and given him the peace he was always searching for.

2 comments:

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Seriously?!? I teased you about your John love 25 years ago and I'm not letting up now...

jenny said...

Better watch it Ky...NOBODY teases me about John and lives to tell about it!!! lol