Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our 20th Anniversary







I can't believe we have been married for 20 years! November 11 was our twentieth anniversary. We went and stayed in a hotel in Salt Lake for a few days and just relaxed. We ate out a lot and watched "24" which we LOVE!!! On the 11th, we went to the Salt Lake Temple and that was very neat to be in the temple on our anniversary.
We were able to take naps and just RELAX....something we don't get to do much of at home with seven children. :) My Mom came and watched the kids, with Jess helping. It was so much fun. I was sad when it was over.

I am so thankful to be married to Brian. He is such a wonderful person. He is so kind, patient, sweet, soft-spoken and gentle.He has a strong testimony and is committed to the gospel and his sacred covenants. He is such a loving husband and father. I could not ask for anything more.I remember when I was a teenager,I didn't believe people when they said they loved their spouse MORE the longer they were together. I COULD NOT fathom. that. I thought for sure you would love each other more in the beginning--when the love is "new and exciting". I thought those people were just lying so teenagers would want to get married someday. :) But now I know what they meant: Our love is so much deeper, and we are so close and so in love and such best friends. It really does get better! All of life's experiences just bind you together in such a deep way.He is my life. I love him so much.

7 comments:

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Congrats! 20 years is a milestone! I remember when Brian was on his mission and you would write "Mrs. Jenny Barnett" over and over. I couldn't be prouder of you two. What a wonderful example to your children (and to me). Love to you both! Ky

Sarah said...

congrats! sounds like you had a great anniversary. you guys are such a cute couple... we still want to go on that double date with you sometime! :)

rachelle said...

you guys are so cute! glad you could have a nice, relaxing get-away. I remember coming to your reception!! that's the first wedding i remember going to :)

Melissa P said...

Congratulations Jenny!!!! Happy late anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a really good time up in Salt Lake! Thats nice Margo was able to take over for a few days for you-

White Family said...

awww you both are so cute! Your children are blessed to have two parent that truly love each other! It is what makes the world go around :)

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversay Jenny and Brian!!! I'm glad you guys got a few days of relaxation. You guys are an example to Dan and I.

I agree with you. The love does get stronger and deeper than in the beginning.

I love you both!!!

The Meyers said...

20 years, I can't believe it! I remember when you got married! That's awesome. We will celebrate our 10 year anniversary on Jan.2 and are looking forward to a night away from the kids. :) Congrats by the way!!!!