Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby #8!!


So by now, most family members know. The only people who dont know are my ward. I wanted to hold off as long as I could with them, because the less time you have to listen to all the dozens of comments and inquiries of "how are you feeling" every week at church, the better.

I know that sounds mean, but anyone who has had a few children should know where I am coming from. :)

But, when you are expecting your EIGHTH, your uterus is pretty much shot. :) Those ligaments say, "Oh we are doing THIS again?" and just pop out sooner. So I already have the round pooch and I am sure many have already suspected it. I will be 15 weeks this Sunday and the baby is due June 21. We are so excited!

I have had a couple people ask me if its as special and neat expecting your eighth: YES it is. I LOVE being pregnant. It is extremely special to me every single time. The moment I know, I am filled with love for this tiny being that is "us". If anything, it gets MORE special, because the older you get, the more you "get" life. How precious it is; how quickly time flies. As a 38 year old mother, I feel much more in awe of the privelege it is to carry a child of God and give it life, than I did as a 19 year old pregnant with my first. So, yes. It is no less special to give birth to my eighth. :) This ultrasound picture is when baby was 12 weeks.

6 comments:

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

You are wise to do a sibling for Jameson. Poor Shayla is all alone. :-( I wish I could've had one more but thanks to a scary emergency hysterectomy that plan was shot. Shay has lots of friends and the older kids love her, but I think you are awesome to do another one. Ky

rachelle said...

so exciting Jen! and i agree with KyAnn. We are taking a break for a while, but definitely would think about 2 more so that they would have each other. you and bri are such great parents and i think it's great!!

jenny said...

Thanks my dear cousins!:)You are both very sweet.

White Family said...

I am so excited for you! What a blessing to your family. I was talking today to my sister how babies bring the family together. :)

Jamie said...

Yes, I agree. Every pregnancy is just as special. Anyone who wouldn't think so, must not have kids. =)

Melissa P said...

I am so excited for you guys Jenny!!! Jameson will love having a sibling to grow up with! Congratulations!