Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Making Christmas cookies














Last night we made cookies together. It was fun. Jameson had a blast as you will see in the pictures. :) Even though he was making a HUGE mess, I couldn't bring myself to stop him cuz he was having so much fun! It was so cute to watch him try to roll with the pin. Then he'd poke the cutters down on the dough. Then he would get the spatula and smack everything a little. His favorite was the flour shaker though---I refilled it twice just so he could shake it all over! He just loved that part and it was too cute to make him stop.
My sugar cookie recipe is the BEST. It is my Mom's, and it is different than most sugar cookie recipes because it has brown sugar in the dough. It gives the cookies the BEST flavor. I have so many memories of me and my siblings making these holiday cookies with my Mom. She was always so patient and let us do what we wanted too. Even when we made huge messes. So Jameson has Grandma Margo to thank that he got to do this! It's neat to see the things you get from your mom that you do with your kids, cuz mom would do the same thing; just let us be KIDS. Huge mess and all. She praised us for our greasy, flat, ugly cookies and didn't worry about the mess. :) That little rolling pin Jameson has was mine when I was little.

2 comments:

rachelle said...

looks like tons of fun! merry christmas and congrats on numero ocho!! yay!! and i think i need that cookie recipe--i am such a cookie monster and love finding really good cookies! love ya!

Annie A. said...

Hi Jenny,
I love looking at your blog, you are so faithful to keep it up. But I have a question for you concerning the sugar cookie recipe. I am now wondering just where that recipe originated? Because when I was growing up that is the only sugar cookie that my mother made - the one with 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar, etc. I love it too. We will have to compare recipes. Perhaps Margo got it from Grandma Smith. Not that it matters all that much, it is just that I have that recipe and it is called Grandma Smith's Good Sugar Cookies~!~~ I love'm too. You are a awesome mom!!
Love Aunt An