Thursday, February 19, 2009

KIDS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, Brian and I had a nice evening out for Valentines Day. We went to eat at Red Lobster and went to an AWESOME movie--"Taken". When we got home, the kids were acting really strange. They were all sitting on the couch reading scriptures out loud. The house was SPOTLESS: dishes done, floors mopped and swept, nothing out of place. I knew something was fishy. I looked at them and said, "WHAT is going on???"

Brooke pointed over to the wall at the bottom landing. I saw it was decorated with pictures, notes, and a bunch of money. I still didnt get it....until I went a little closer. There was a HUGE hole in the wall!!! Jared had jumped down the stairs and landed into the wall, bashing it in.
Jared had taped up all his money to let us know he would pay for it. There were all these scriptures, and "What would Jesus do?" notes, and pages of "I'm sorry". If you click on it, it will enlarge so you can read the papers.

I was half mad, but it was half funny. :) I decided years ago, that when these types of things happen, I ask myself; "Will it be funny in 10 years?" and if it will be, then I am not going to get mad. For instance, if you found out your child tried drugs--that would NEVER be funny, no matter how much time passed. But bashing a huge hole in the wall--that will be a funny memory down the road. So its not worth getting too mad at and creating a sad memory.

We are going to make him responsible to pay for it though. And even though part of me feels sad to even do this to him, I know it is the right thing. We all HAVE to be responsible for what we do. We HAVE to face the consequences of our actions. So he needs to pay for it, so that next time he will think twice before trying to jump the whole flight of stairs.
Kids sure make it hard to have a nice house!!! :)

4 comments:

rachelle said...

your kids are hilarious. i love that "thou shalt not kill" was in the mix of notes... :) you and bri are awesome parents and I like that you can laugh about it, but feel strongly that he needs to be responsible for it.

jenny said...

Lol Thanks Rachelle! You are sweet! I know---"Thou shalt not kill" was my favorite. :)
It was so good to see you last weekend!!!

Madison Bradshaw said...

haha that is hillarious!! i love it!

White Family said...

wow that is funny! One of my kids did the same thing but no one confessed then Ryker did it to a wall in the theatre room so Christopher had to fix it. memories! gotta love em!!!