Wednesday, March 5, 2008

AWESOME VACATION!!!!













We just returned from an AWESOME trip to California. We had a REALLY good time--better than I thought it would be. Weather was great--70's, and even a couple days that were 80 degrees! It was a shock to come back to 30 degrees! We flew, which was really nice because we were there in an hour and a half instead of 12 hours of driving! We had 5 days of Disneyland, 2 of Universal Studios and one day at Knott's Berry Farm. The kids had a blast swimming each night at our awesome hotel. We LOVED this hotel---our room was HUGE with three rooms, and a kitchenette, two bathrooms and three T.V.s! It was SO nice to have all this room, and a room and separate T.V. for the girls, boys, and me and Bri. Free huge breakfast every morning, free guest laundry, swimming pool and hot-tub, and basketball court. We hated to leave!
We also had a very nice visit with Brian's Grandma and Grandpa who live in Montclair. I love them A LOT! They are such good people, and it was so nice to talk to Grandma lots and spend some time with them. She is such a sweet, cute, wonderful lady. We hated to say goodbye to them. We also got to see Brian's cousins and Uncle Richard for a while.
Having the 5 day pass was cool cuz if we got tired of Disney, we would go back to the hotel and relax and swim and watch t.v and not feel like we had to cram everything into one day.

We rented this 12 passenger van that STUNK like a "rat cage" (according to Jess and Bethany) until I bought air freshener trees for it.

Jameson was very good and content the whole time. He would grab the characters noses when we took him up to show him.He slept a lot in his stroller, and just looked around wide-eyed a lot.
Our favorite rides at Disney were; Pirates, Splash Mountain, Soarin' over California, Hotel of Terror, and the Buzz Lightyear ride.

Brian volunteered to be the "star" of the special effects show at Universal--they had him "die" and disappear and all that was left was a skeleton! It was funny.

We got a lot of looks and comments on our big family, luckily none that were rude. I like to see people's reactions. They can't believe we have seven kids!

The beach was so beautiful. I loved watching the kids walk up and down the beach, all of them together looking for shells and feeling the water on their bare feet, and the wind blowing their hair. The waves were crashing behind them, and I took a picture in my mind of all seven of them together, in this exact moment, while they are all still mine, home, together; because that will change in the near upcoming years. It makes me cry even to write this.

We just had the BEST time ever. Usually at the end of a trip I am ready to come home, but I didn't want to leave. I could easily have stayed another few days at least.

Well I may add some things to this post if I realize I forgot something, but for now this is good.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I sounds like you guys had a blast!!! I wish I could have come! Your family is so cute!!!!
I love you!
Lois

Dot said...

I'm glad you had a great time! Someday we'll get there and create forever memories for our kids, too.
Love you!
Dot

Sarah said...

Looks like SO much fun. What hotel did you stay in? I'll have to write that down for WAY in the future, but it will be good to know. :)

jenny said...

Hey Sarah--It was called Staybridge Suites. It was only 1 mile from Disneyland. AWESOME hotel!

Sarah said...

okay, i'll put it in my mental file. we went to disney on ice last weekend and grace LOVED it!

Di said...

I WANT JAMESON!

I love all of your kids. But Jameson is the easiest to hold so I crave his cheeks and can't wait to make him laugh again...PLEASE come to Memorial Day to be with us on Mom's birthday! I would so love that. He needs to see his Uncle Di more often.